In order to deliver you the best possible patient experience, Sophia Health Institute® has implemented the following policies. We appreciate your cooperation. Feel free to contact Destiny, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions!
We ask that you are courteous to the following notices. Failure to cancel within the allotted time is subject to a fee.
- Existing or new patients coming for 4-5 days, please give 2 weeks notice of appointment cancellation.
- Dr. Klinghardt appointments, please give 3 weeks notice of appointment cancellation.
- Existing patients for 1 visit in office or phone consult, please give 48 hours notice of appointment cancellation.
- New patients for 1 visit in office, please give 2 weeks notice of appointment cancellation.
In efforts to ensure we comply with privacy laws and high quality of care, we ask that you complete Sophia Health Institute® patient paperwork on a yearly basis. If you have not updated your file recently, please do so through our Charm EHR Patient Portal.
It is important to all of the staff at Sophia Health Institute® that each patient has access to care regardless of distance. In an effort to ease the phone consultation process, we have implement the following:
- Sophia Health Institute® staff or physicians will call patients at scheduled times; please ensure you have given your preferred number to the front desk to avoid any delays.
- There is always a potential for your physician to be running late for scheduled consults, we ask that you allow a 30 minute window for such delays. If you need to reschedule as a result, the front desk will honor that at no charge.
- The final charge includes the time your physician spent reviewing your chart or labs, time spent talking over the phone, and time post-conversation concluding chart notes and writing treatment protocols. (ie a 20’ phone call typically includes 5’-10’ additional minutes of charting, review, and protocol updates).
- Fees for consultations will be billed in 15-minute increments. (ie a 22’ conversation plus 5’ notes will incrue a 30’ charge).
- If you have questions regarding your bill go directly to Destiny, the office manager.
Office Visit Charges
Please be aware that your scheduled appointment time includes time the physician utilizes to review your chart, update chart notes, interpret labs and communicate on your behalf with other practitioners. A 60 minute appointment will typically include 45-50 minutes of face-to-face interaction with your provider with the remaining 10-15 minutes spent writing detailed treatment plans, instructions, laboratory requisitions and prescriptions. A 90 minute consult typically includes 60 minutes of face-to-face interaction with the remaining 30 reviewing chart paperwork and preparing other forms directly related to your individual care.
If you are late for your scheduled appointment you will be seen for the remainder of your scheduled appointment time and billed for the entire appointment.
If your appointment extends beyond the scheduled time you will be billed for that time in 15 minute increments depending on the time actually used by the provider in coordinating your care.
After hearing your feedback, Sophia Health Institute® management is making the following changes:
- Administration time will be shortened to 12 – 1 PM Pacific time. During these hours, the front desk team will not be available to answer the phones.
- Weekly staff meetings are held on Wednesday mornings from 9-10 AM. During these hours, the front desk team will not be available to answer the phones.
- If you call during business hours and reach the voice mail, please leave a detailed message with your physician and call back number. Front desk will check messages at least once every hour.
- In the phone option system, please honor the following:
- Any question that involves a medical answer (ie: protocol clarification, medication, pharmacy issues, etc) should be directed to Tiffany Sells at OPTION 1
- Any scheduling should be directed to Reception at OPTION 0
- Any issue pertaining the Dr. Klinghardt’s schedule, new patients, office procedures, or immediate requests should be directed to Destiny Kennedy at OPTION 2
To ensure that each patient understands their commitment and expectations and to increase our quality of care we would like to point out the following:
- In-office consultations must take place at least once per year, preferably every 3-4 months.
- Out of state patients should expect a phone consult with their physician every 4-6 weeks.
Sophia Health Institute® is NOT an emergency clinic. If you feel like you are having a true medical emergency, go directly to your local urgent care. The following are examples that involve urgent care:
- High Fever
- Difficulty Breathing
- Severe allergic reaction to medication or supplement
- Loss of consciousness
- Heart irregularities
- Severe dehydration
For privacy and best patient care, please direct all emails to Tiffany Sells @ email@example.com. Please allow 72 hours for a response. If you need to reach a physician right away call the office during open hours or contact your local urgent care facility. Emails sent directly to your physician will be forwarded to the front desk. Due to confidentiality we feel that direct communication via unsecured accounts is no longer a safe option.
Emails can contain brief, simple protocol clarification questions only. Requests for lab requisitions or interpretations of results require a scheduled phone consult. Discussion of any new symptoms or reactions to the protocol will require a phone consult. Conversations about the rationale for treatments prescribed by a physician or regarding prognosis need to take place in person or on the phone. Any emails involving chart review or medical decision-making are subject to a fee or a request for phone consultation by your physician.